HOW TO REVAMP YOUR INDOOR SKINCARE PROTOCOL
By ZO® Skin Health
In this difficult time, people are spending increasing amounts of time indoors. As with any lifestyle change, your skincare routine should reflect it. The introduction of different environmental factors causes your skin to require different treatment protocols as well as change what it currently needs. Even though many typical day-to-day activities are put on pause, achieving, and maintaining skin health does not have to be. Here are a few tips on what you can do to better your skin while indoors.
1. Get into a routine and stick to it. Whether applying makeup or not, skin still greatly benefits from maintaining a morning and nightly protocol. Cleansing, exfoliating, and toning regularly helps skin remain tolerant to environmental aggressors, as well as evenly toned and smooth in texture.
2. It is important to recognize that typically the air inside houses and apartments lacks humidity. The dry air indoors can dehydrate your skin. To combat this, consider incorporating a daily hydrator depending on your skin’s specific needs.
3. Take advantage of time indoors by focusing on more aggressive Anti-Aging protocols. Products that contain higher concentrations of retinol can yield more dramatic results that target moderate to severe signs of aging. With less exposure to the sun which can irritate the healing process, skin has more time to heal. Additionally, with less face-to-face interactions, there is less worry over going out and about with peeling skin. If new to including retinol into your skincare routine, consider a product with a lower concentration, such as Retinol Skin Brightener 0.25% by ZO® Skin Health. If your skin has already built up a tolerance to retinol, consider increasing to a higher concentration such as .05% or 1%.
4. Indoor skincare still needs to incorporate sun protection. Natural light from windows or skylights exposes skin to harmful rays that contribute to the signs of aging. Plus, exposure to blue light from computers, cellphones and other devices have been shown to contribute to the aging of skin. Finish your AM skincare protocol off with a lightweight SPF product that protects skin from a wider spectrum of light, like Sunscreen + Powder Broad-Spectrum SPF 45.
5. Don’t forget to bring the spa atmosphere home and treat your skin to a pampering session every so often. Enzymatic Peel by ZO® Skin Health contains glycolic acid to revive dull skin, helps smooth out rough or uneven skin texture and acts as an effective chemical exfoliant to slough away dead skin cells. You can apply this peel before bed or during the day.
For more information on how to revitalize your indoor skincare regimen, contact your ZO® authorized physician. Inquire about scheduling a virtual consultation for a more customized protocol.