Your face looks great but what about your hands?
Hands can take a real beating from your daily activities. Sun exposure, chemical exposure from washing dishes and cleaning, extended exposure to water and dry, cold air.
Maintaining soft, young and supple hands requires a constant adherence to a diligent regimen, wearing gloves in cold, frigid, dry weather, and applying sunscreen 365 days of the year.
To prevent the natural wear and tear on your hands, you need to give them some TLC. You can keep your hands looking healthy and youthful by treating them well and keeping them protected.
After age 30, your skin gets lazy and cell production decreases by about 10 percent, making it less efficient at repairing itself. The tops of your hands, where the skin is thinner, tend to show signs of aging first from sun exposure. The skin of your palms is thicker and is usually not exposed to sunlight nearly as much. With advanced aging, the hands also lose their youthful plumpness due to the breakdown of collagen and elastin and the loss of fat. Bulging veins and wrinkled knuckles will start to look more prominent.
What can you do to keep your hands as beautiful as the skin of your face?
6 Steps to Fabulous Hands:
- Avoid overwashing delicate hands. Wear gloves when using harsh household detergents and only wash with lukewarm water, never very hot water that can be more drying. Apply hand crème immediately after getting hands wet.
- Regular sunscreen wear with SPF30+ is critical to protect the skin on the top of your hands when you will be outdoors and your hands will be exposed to damaging UV rays.
- Brush or dab on a nail oil twice every day to keep cuticles soft.
- Peels are an ideal treatment for aging hands, and work the same way they do for your face and décolletage. We recommend Invisapeel Intensive Resurfacing Peel for at home use to exfoliate the surface of the epidermis, and improve skin texture and tone. Leave on for 1-3 hours or overnight, and for best results, use 2-3 times per week. Using Invsapeel regularly will also help your topical skin care products to penetrate better and more evenly.
- Exfoliate daily with Correcting Hand and Body Scrub , our own chemical and mechanical exfoliating system that combines salicylic acid and sugar crystals to leave hands soft, smooth and younger-looking.
- Ask your dermatologist, plastic surgeon or cosmetic doctor about BOTOX® Cosmetic, Dysport® or Xeomin® or dermal fillers like Radiesse®, Juvederm® or Restylane® to help camouflage bulging veins and plump up shriveling, old-looking hands.
To keep your hands looking their best, also try the NEW Beautiful Hands by ZO Kit
With our rich moisturizing formula Nourishing Hand Crème plus three perfect polishes in ZO’s signature colors: royal blue, platinum silver and pearl white.